The 2017 Moustache Friday 27 Black 5 Electric Bike
The 2017 Moustache Black 5 is an eBike designed to suit a Friday night out in any city. Oozing style and sophistication, this electric bike takes advantage of the Bosch performance 250 watt motor and 400wh powerpack with the intuvia screen. The 6061 aluminium frame with polished welds is made from hydro-formed tubes optimising the weight balance of the bike. It has a carbon fork and reinforced tapered steerer creating a light, strong and precise riding experience.
The handlebar is the signature ‘M’ shape from Moustache with ergonomic grips providing performance and comfort while giving a balanced riding position. Hydraulic Shimano disk brakes will stop even the fastest of rider and the built in front and rear lights offer a well lit road in front and a visible rear at the touch of the button on the intuvia screen. The standard Moustache rear rack is designed for the Ortlieb range of panniers but is compatible with most other panniers.
High air volume Schwalbe 27.5x2.35 tyres balloon tyres absorb most of the shocks an urban road has to offer, combined with the brooks saddle and suspension seat-post are two good features adding to the positive riding experience. The Shimano 10 speed gears with the Bosch drive should provide you with all the necessary range to power you up any incline with thumb and forefinger shifters. New for 2017, the Moustache Friday 27 Black 5 also features alloy CNC hubs with sealed industrial bearings.
A Bosch Performance Line Motor
The Bosch Performance Line Motor is the epitome of quality. It uses cutting edge components to provide up to 60 Newton Metres of Torque perfect for attacking any terrain and any incline it is faced with. All of this is achieved with a lightweight, low vibration motor that is designed to sit in the crank of the bike, providing the most balanced and most efficient ride.
The motor uses Bosch's trademark triple sensor technology to measure pedalling power, cadence and speed 1000 times a second to ensure the force of the motor is harmoniously coordinated with the riders cycling style.
- Battery BOSCH Li-Ion PowerPack 400 performance - 36V 11.6Ah - Fully Charged in 3.5 Hours - 2.4 kg, 60% Minimum Residual Capacity after 30,000 km
- Motor Bosch Performance Cruise 250W - 40/63Nm - Assistance from 50 to 275% - 25km/h - 1000 measurements/second - Compact
- Display BOSCH Intuvia Display with separate control unit - 5 power modes (eco, tour, sport, turbo and off)
- Range 40 - 100 Miles
- Brakes Shimano M395 Hydraulic Disc Brakes 180/160 Diameter
- Colour Black with Red sticker. Yellow, Blue, Grey, Green, Orange as accessories
- Fork Special Carbon, reinforced tapered steeler, 15mm Q-lock thru axel
- Frame T4 T6 6061 Aluminium Alloy, Variable Thickness Hydro-Formed Tubes & Polished Welds
- Gear System Shimano Deore 10 Speed 17x11/36
- Handlebar Moustache Ergonomic - DB alloy
- Lights Low Consumption LED, Works off the battery, 30 Lux
- Mudguards Moustache Alloy Tubular - Super Stable
- Rack Alloy - QL3 Mount
- Saddle Leather Brooks B17
- Seatpost Alloy Suspension - 27.2 x 350
- Size Small/41cm (1.55 - 1.70) | Medium/47cm (1.68 - 1.83) | Large/53cm (1.81 - 1.93) Approximately
- Speed 15.5 MPH Restricted, 28 MPH for off road use.
- Tyres Schwalbe SuperMoto-X 27.5 x 2.35 - High Air Volume for Added Comfort - Anti-Puncture Protection
- Weight 22,9 kg