Moustache Samedi 27 Xroad 5 (Open) 2017
The Moustache Xroad range has been designed for riders that want their bike to perform in a variety of environments. The bikes are robust and strong with all the right components for off road and rough track use whilst maintaining a high level of comfort and agility for city or rural use.
The Samedi 27 Xroad 5 is a real looker. Its bright silver paint work augments the attractively shaped hydroformed aluminium alloy frame finished with polished welds. The open step through frame allows for ease of getting on and off the bike, with the battery moved from the frame as in the closed frame version of the bike to its new position neatly tucked under the rear rack. The bike owes its incredible versatility to a number of key components that allow it to be used on all kinds of road surfaces. The Suntour NCX front suspension fork has a handy hydraulic lock out mechanism, allowing the rider to disable the 63mm of suspension travel when not required, and the chunky Hutchinson Python tyres fitted to double wall alloy Alex rims provide plenty of grip on poor surfaces as well as comfort and wet weather assurance on tarmac. Additional comfort comes from the alloy suspension seatpost and ergonomic gel filled saddle.
Stopping power comes from the excellent Shimano M395 hydraulic disc brakes, and most of the remaining componentry on the bike is Shimano as well, including the 11 speed derailleur gear system with SLX Rapidfire shifter, alloy cranks and hubs. The bike also comes fitted with low energy consumption LED front and rear lights which are wired into the main battery.
The centrally driven 250 watt Bosch Performance crank motor gives an assured push off the line and power comes from the 500 watt hour lithium ion battery giving an impressive 40 to 120 miles of range depending on the level of input from the rider and the assistance mode selected (Bosch motor systems have four power settings to choose from).
- Battery Bosch Li-Ion PowerPack 500 performance, 36V, 11.6Ah, Full Charge in 4.5 Hours, 2.5 kg, 60% Minimum residual capacity after 30,000 km
- Motor BOSCH Performance Cruise 250W 40/63 Nm, Assistance from 50 - 275%, 1000 measurements a second
- Display BOSCH Intuvia Display with separate control unit - 5 Power Modes (Eco, Tour, Sport, Turbo, Off)
- Range 40-120 Miles
- Brakes Shimano M395 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Colour Silver
- Fork Suntour NCX Suspension Fork with hydraulic lock-out - 63mm Travel
- Frame Variable thickness Hydro-Formed Alloy, polished welds
- Gear System Shimano New SLX 11 Speed, 15 x 11/42, more range
- Lights Low Consumption LED, High Power, 30 Lux, Powered by the battery
- Mudguards Moustache Alloy Tubular
- Pedals Alloy Wide Platform
- Rack Alloy, QL3 Mount
- Saddle Selle Royale Wave Ergonomic
- Seatpost Alloy 27.2 x 350
- Shift Levers Shimano Rapidfire 11 Speed
- Size Small/41cm (1.55 - 170) | Medium/47cm (1.68 - 1.83) | Large/53 (181 - 195) Approximately
- Speed 15.5 MPH Restricted, 29 MPH For Off road use only
- Tyres Hutchinson Python 27.5 x 2.10 - Micro spikes for a better grip and ride
- Weight 24,4 kg