The Moustache Samedi 28 Brown Open 2017
The eBikes in the Samedi 28 range proved to be among the most popular of the 2016 season and for good reason. They have such appeal as urban tourers because they are light and nimble with a fantastic upright sitting position, allowing you to stay comfortably in control with the minimum of effort.
The Samedi 28 Brown Open is a gorgeous bike finished in Moustache’s deep bronze colour. The frame is made from hydroformed aluminium alloy and bonded by polished welds, giving the bike a quality finish. To accommodate the open frame design, the battery is shifted to its position under the rear rack. The battery remains removable using the key provided, and this position does not affect the ability to fit a range of panniers and bags to the rack.
The bike comes with an excellent specification of high quality components. Shimano M315 hydraulic disc brakes provide the stopping power and feedback from the road comes via Kenda Black tyres fitted to double wall alloy Alex rims, giving assured grip. Bumps in the road are smoothed out by the Suntour NEX suspension fork, adding to the comfort of the ride and making the bike suitable for a range of road types and uses both rural and urban. Further comfort comes from the Selle Royal Wave ergonomic saddle. The bike is equipped with a 9 speed Shimano Altus derailleur system, controlled via a rapidfire shifter. Low consumption LED front and rear lights are also included wired to the main battery.
Power comes from the excellent Bosch drivetrain which is proving increasingly popular among e-bike manufacturers because of its track record of reliability and ease of use. The 250 watt Active motor is paired to a 300 watt hour battery, giving a range of 35-60 miles depending upon the setting selected by the rider (four assistance settings can be selected from the simple LCD purion display).
- Battery Bosch Li-Ion PowerPack 300 Active, 36V, 8.2Ah, Full Charge in 2.5 Hours, 2.4 kg, 60% Minimum residual capacity after 30,000 km
- Motor BOSCH Active Cruise 250W 40/63 Nm, Assistance from 40 - 250%, 1000 measurements a second
- Display BOSCH Purion Display with separate control unit - 5 Power Modes (Eco, Tour, Sport, Turbo, Off)
- Range 40-110 Miles
- Brakes Shimano M315 Hydraulic Disc Brakes
- Colour Bronze
- Fork Suntour NEX Suspension Fork - 63mm Travel
- Frame T4 T6 Hydro-Formed Alloy
- Lights Low Consumption LED, High Power, 30 Lux, Runs off the battery
- Mudguards Moustache Alloy Tubular
- Pedals Alloy Wide Platform
- Rack Alloy, QL3 Mount, Customised For Moustache Samedi 28
- Saddle Selle Royale Wave Ergonomic
- Seatpost Alloy 27.2
- Shift Levers Shimano Rapidfire 9S
- Size Small/41cm (1.55 - 170) | Medium/47cm (1.68 - 1.83) | Large/53 (181 - 195) Approximately
- Speed 15.5 MPH Restricted, 26 MPH For Off road use only
- Tyres Kenda Black - 700 x 37
- Weight 23,1 kg