xc / race tubeless wheels with ::twinpair spokes. Cobalt 3 wheelset is available in both 27.5” and 29” sizes.
The new crankbrothers cobalt wheelsets are a perfect mix of strength, performance and stiffness for cross country and trail riding.
Low rotational inertia – by bringing the mass of the wheel towards the hub and away from the rim you experience faster acceleration and deceleration.
Twinpair spoke design – triangular design results in a strong wheel. The design looks a bit different from other wheels and will attract attention on the trail.
Easy to service – all the spokes in your wheelset are the same length and a spare spoke and nipple is included in the box. The main plus point is you can replace a spoke without having to remove your cassette or even your tire! Imagine not having to reinstall your tubeless tires when you replace a spoke – you can with this wheelset.
The wheels are tubeless ready without the need for rim tape with no holes drilled into the rims. The tubeless valve kit is also included in the box ready to install.
- Weight: 27.5": 1650g, 29": 1735g
- Warranty: 2 years
- Material: 6061-T6, smooth weld joint
- Finish: Shot peen, black + red anodizing
- Width (int / ext): 21mm / 24.9mm
- Depth: 19.5mm
- Material: Sapim stainless steel
- Butting: 2.0 / 1.6 / 2.0
- Length (27.5 / 29): 147mm / 166mm
- Spoke pins: Hollow 7075-T6 aluminium
- Material: 7075-T6 aluminium
- Size: 3.2x139mm
- Front hub: cobalt, 6061-T6
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge 6804 (x2)
- Front hub end caps: 15mm (installed), 9mm (included)
- Rear hub: cobalt, 6061-T6
- Bearings: Sealed cartridge 6903 (x2), 6902 (x2)
- Rear end caps: 12x142mm (installed), 10x135mm (included)
- Freehub: 3-pawl, 21T, alloy
- XD driver compatible