Assisting you while you nip around town on the HSD is Bosch's Active Line Plus motor. Featuring 50Nm torque, utilised across four modes of assistance (eco, tour, sport, turbo), combined with the 400Wh battery, autonomy will be between 25 and 95 miles.
Combining the Gates CDX Carbon belt with the internal Shimano 8-speed hub gear provides a clean, hassle free and low maintenance ride!
Not only does the Active Line Plus motor provide the rider with minimal resistance while switched off, or over 15.5mph, it is also exceptionally quiet and smooth in power delivery.
Providing up to 50Nm of torque across four levels of assistance (eco, sport, tour, turbo), combined with a 400Wh Bosch Power Pack, riders will see between between 25 and 90 miles of assisted travel (conditions, assistance mode, and rider will have an impact).
- Battery Bosch PowerPack 400Wh
- Motor Bosch Active Line Plus (Gen 3)
- Display Bosch Purion
- Brakes Magura MT4, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor (front), 160mm rotor (rear)
- Chain Gates Carbon Drive CDX belt
- Frame Tern HSD, 6061-AL
- Gear System Shimano Nexus 8
- Rack Atlas H rack, Atlas Rack Mount, 6 point mounting
- Shift Levers Shimano Nexus 8
- Stem Tern Andros (G2), adjustable
- Tyres Schwalbe Big Ben, 55-406, RaceGuard puncture protection
- Weight 25.4 kg
The HSD is just 170cm long, much shorter than most e-cargo bikes, and consequently Tern say it's also much easier to handle. It flips up for convenient vertical parking and taking up and down lifts on public transport, and it can also be flat-folded in as little as 15 seconds to fit in in cars or train racks.
The max gross weight is rated to 170kg, with the rear Atlas H Rack able to carry 60kg - this rack is also compatible with numerous different child seats such as the Thule Yepp and numerous Bobike rear seats.
Write a review
Delivery & Aftercare
This electric bike is available with free UK delivery, a 2 year warranty and an optional 6-week health check.